Last edited the 28th of May 2023
flying with kids
The below is an opinion for parents of:
- Kids younger than 4 years old
- Flights or traveling longer than 4 hours
Parents with kids younger than 4 years old tend to avoid traveling.
If you have 3 kids, at least one of them will be younger than 4 for about 8 years!
No traveling for 8 years sounds like a big loss. I think it is!
Just make sure you take (and don't take) the following:
Young children are not really going to appreciate the trips you take but they should be enjoyable for the parents! Especially when they are young, it's important for the parents to get closer and continue to build memories together.
- Food your kids like - good nutrition should go out the window for the flight. Make sure they don't over eat or eat anything too wild to avoid vomiting.
- Don't take too many toys. Once the kid no longer wants to play with toys, he no longer wants to play with all toys.
- Take as few things as possible. The more you travel with, the more of a pain the trip will be.
- Ignore all sleep schedules during the traveling period. Any sleep is good sleep for the kids and you.
If you can get it, do it!
- Once you arrive at your destination, avoid moving around. It will limit your destinations, but it's a worthwhile compromise.