Started work on this in Madrid, 2023-06-09
There quite a few people I know, who I wish wrote publicly more often or at all. I'm very interested in what they would write but it seems that I won't get the opportunity to read it. Maybe, and this page could be a place for that?
This page could be a place where you write maybe one or two articles but you know that other people like you (who are not necessarily writers) are also writing. It takes the I'm going to write a blog anxiety out of the endeavour.
The benefits could be interesting:
- It makes it easier and lighter for someone to share more long-form content.
- This very small page would benefit from the traffic of the close friends of various people.
- The page would be full of very diverse content on a lot of different topics and questions. A sort of Whole Earth Catalog of modern times.
There are still a lot of open questions for me though:
What questions could I ask?
- Should there be a common theme for the different guest posts?
- What should the constraints for the posts be? For now I'm thinking 3 days, text only and maybe answering one broad open question from me.
- How should I best motivate people to actually spend time on this? If there will be rules, what should be the consequences of breaking those rules?
- Should I include some way to prove that the content was provided by that person? That could be as simple as them posting a hash of the content on an online account they trust.
- Teach us a lesson it took you a long time to learn.
- What about society feels off to you?
- If life is all about compounding small efforts - what efforts would you start compounding as soon as possible?
- How do you best learn?